The term ‘social prescribing’ is used to describe a service which supports people to access a range of non-medical services and activities in their local area.
The service can help you:
- Get support to improve your physical health.
- Find employment or volunteering opportunities or learn a new skill.
- Tackle money, housing, work or benefits issues.
- Cope with a particular condition or difficulty.
- Access ways of improving your emotional wellbeing such as befriending schemes, peer support or arts and leisure activities.
You can refer yourself to the Linking Leeds social prescribing service without seeing the Dr.Linking Leeds