Flu and Covid clinics – mid September
Posted by: vallen - Posted on:
DON’T TRY AND BOOK YET…Aire Valley Surgery is currently adding clinics on to our system and when they are ready a text message will be sent to everyone eligible to let them know to start booking.
We’d encourage everyone to try and book come to the GP surgery for both vaccines at once where possible, as we have plenty on order for everyone and this helps make the system more efficient for everyone.
Here is a list of everyone that is eligible this year:
Those eligible for the NHS influenza programme are as follows:
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
- all primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6) – This age group to have these at school please, not the surgery unless you also have a long term condition.
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 65 years and over (or who will be 65 by the 31st March)
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline staff employed by the following types of social care providers without employer led occupational health schemes:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants
In 2022 to 2023, the following additional cohorts will be offered influenza vaccination:
- secondary school-aged children focusing on Years 7, 8 and 9 and any remaining vaccine will be offered to years 10 and 11, subject to vaccine availability
- those aged 50 to 64 years old not in clinical risk groups (including those who turn 50 by 31 March 2023)